Thursday, June 14, 2012

Shifting Gears

Print Friendly and PDF
When I began this blog, I wanted to write about my crochet and knitting designs, the how and wherefore of developing patterns for clothing, home and whimsy. I thought this was a great plan, but reality set in rather quickly. I realized this after seeing a pattern published soon after I'd posted a photo of a new design thinking I'd show it off before I published the pattern. Now I know, do not post photos of finished designs before the pattern is published! Sure, unless you go totally off into west field, everything has been designed already and we're just redesigning using different stitch patterns, different cuts or ways of assembling, but overall, a sweater is a sweater, a shawl is a shawl and a hat is a hat. I'm not going to get into this any deeper since that would be opening a Pandora's box I'd rather not open at the moment. Suffice it to say that I've learned my lesson about showing off a finished design before publishing the pattern.

Now what do I mean by shifting gears... Well, I know my posts have been sporadic on this blog, mainly because of the above. It literally left me feeling as if someone has slapped a piece of duct tape over my mouth. If I can't talk about my designs, what am I supposed to talk about!!!?!!! After consulting with another blogging friend who lives a parallel life to mine, she gave me some insightful feedback that I've been thinking through and this is what I'm planning on beginning to do shortly.

My Future Action Plan

I will not be posting every single day because I know I can't. With my health, outside commitments and responsibilities; that's not going to happen. But I do want to post more often than once every two weeks! 

So I'm going to aim for three times a week, a Tuesday post on something related to crochet and/or knitting, a Thursday post on what I'm reading, or dreaming about, or maybe even what I'm doing outside of crochet/knitting and finally a weekend post on what I've been working on that week (if I can talk about it) otherwise it will be a photo recap, maybe even a corner of something I'm working on but don't want to show off until published.

There is a lot happening in my life outside of crochet and knitting. If you want to hear about that, please let me know. I know I wrote way back when that I'd be dedicating this blog exclusively to crochet and knitting, but reality is, I have other passions in my life :) and there's nothing wrong with shifting gears halfway up the hill.



No comments:

Post a Comment