Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Saturday WrapUp!

Print Friendly and PDF
Well, I thought that my pink sock run was over, wrong! I'm now on pair #3 but the end is nigh! :) I actually don't mind that much since it's helping me to review the pattern that I've been writing while knitting the others. So yes, soon my readers, very soon, there will be a new pattern published.

I've also been working on a shawl, I've been working on this one off and on for quite a while actually. I'm using odd balls of mohair and just doing a very simple mindless knitting back and forth and increase by one at the end of each round. Once it gets deep enough, I'll begin increasing at both ends to create the wings/points. Like I said, mindless. And since I'm using odd balls, it will contain a variety of colours and textures. All the more interesting as many would say.

I haven't begun swatching for the new shawl yet. It's been a very hectic week for me. As for which shawl I'll be making, I'm narrowing my choices down to a couple or three or four. I'll have to post more about those soon.

Today I was out all day with my daughter and her husband. We attended the Friend's Festival at Gage Park in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. We had a lot of fun, lots to see, lots of music, lots of people. The weather was quite nice, a good breeze that kept the heat to a bearable level. Both my daughter and her husband decided to wear their medieval clothing today and people would stop and take photos and ask them questions about their outfits. It was a lot of fun to watch the children stand there, mouth hanging open looking them up and down. Someone graciously emailed me a photo they snapped with the iphone. 

Friend Festival, June 30, 2012

Don't they look adorable!?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment