Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Saturday Wrapup!!! where I finish a cardi, 2 pairs of socks, a beanie, and more!

Print Friendly and PDF

Another Saturday, another week gone by. Oof! Time flies when you're having fun!

The first things I finished this week are a cardi and 2 pairs of socks.

I still have to write up the pattern for the socks but they are finished! One pair I've already delivered to the recipient who loves loves loves them and the other is mine! all mine! Pictures to come soon!

The second item is a cardigan I made for a young man, a handsome toddler (hates cameras). His Mom wanted a nice fall cardigan for him that wasn't fussy, that was functional and had to be navy blue. So here is the finished cardi. I made it a 2T so it will fit him for quite a while. I also made it top down so Mom can pick out the sleeves and bottom edge and add on to them as he grows since boys tend to grow up and not out until they are teens.

Mom is thrilled to bits with the cardi and was even happier when she also found the matching beanie tucked in the sleeve. Those falls days when the wind is blowing a bit harder but it's not cold enough for a coat but a hat is nice to have on. I hope he likes it as much as Mom did!

I'm contemplating starting a shawl. There are so many beautiful shawls on Ravelry, choosing just one is impossible! My soulsister has been busy knitting and crocheting shawls since last fall and I think the bug has bitten me and I can't ignore it any longer. I have several choices in mind, it's a question of which one I want to make first! I've added them all to my library on Rav so I can print off the pattern when I finally decide which one will go on the needles first.

I received an interesting ball of yarn from my soulsister for my birthday. It's from Patons Lace, in the Bonfire colourway. I'd never seen this yarn before and it looks to have long colour runs which would lend itself quite nicely to shawl knitting. So once I decide, it will mean swatching for gauge and hopefully go on to knit the chosen shawl. I'll have more next Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment